They were asking for redesigns of the man without fear and I couldn't pass it up. Let me preface this by saying that DD has one of the best costume designs in all of comics, but when I was posed with the question of how I would reimagine Daredevil, I had to go for it. My goal was to streamline the current costume and add some practicality. So here's a breakdown...
- DD's Billyclub is now located on his back for easier access
- Chest and shoulders are slightly armored for those pesky shuriken and other projectiles
- DD's gloves now have a a couple of fingers and his thumb exposed for easier use of heightened touch
- His mask now covers his entire face for a blind-justice motif
- His big boots are gone and replaced by some sleek parkour shoes
- Larger and redesigned DD logo
I had a lot of fun with this and would love to hear what you think. And if you'd like to check out the other work that was submitted click here.